For more than 40 years, Steven has provided a range of services for clients in the entertainment, arts, and sports professions, among others.
His areas of expertise include:
- Outsourced financial accounting and business management
- Tax advisory, compliance, and dispute resolution
- Royalty examination and compliance
- Intellectual property valuation
- Litigation support, including as an expert witness in connection with royalty disputes
Throughout his distinguished career, Steven’s clients have included many well-known and influential names — from Aerosmith to Zappa; including The Beatles, Elvis Presley Enterprises, Phish, John Sebastian & The Lovin’ Spoonful’, Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa), Jack Nicholas, Arnold Palmer, and Tiger Woods.
Education & Licenses
Steven received his BS in Accounting from the University of Alabama in 1970. He is a licensed CPA in the State of New York.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
Steven has served on the Entertainment & Sports Committee of the New York State Society of CPAs since 1988, acting as Committee Chairman from 1997-1998.
He has led panels at the annual NYSSCPA conference as well as for the New York Bar Association and the Association of Independent Music Publishers, and he is currently the Treasurer of the Association of Independent Music Publishers.