|Job Title:||Senior Tax Accountant||Job Category:||Exempt|
|Location:||North Brunswick, New Jersey||Travel Required:||< 5%|
|Level/Salary Range:||Position Type:||Full-Time|
Expected Yearly Hours: Approximately 2000
Expected Yearly Billable Hours: Approximately 1600
1. Prepares federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, real estate and exempt organizations, including the most complex.
2. Performs complex tax research.
3. Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
4. Participates in tax planning and estimates and becomes involved in planning for clients.
5. Assists accounting and consulting staff members in client meetings.
6. Reviews tax accruals and associated working papers.
7. Assists in analyzing and responding to IRS notices.
8. Assumes the responsibility for their assigned clients smooth flow of tax returns and continues improvement efforts.
9. Prior Audit experience working on Financials, Audits, Reviews and Compilations a plus.
10. May act as relationship manager for complex individual tax return clients.
11. May have billing responsibility including discussing fees with clients.
12. Contributes to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service.
13. Establishes good working relationships with all partners and staff members.
1. Capture of time daily that is accurate and timely.
2. Ratio of client work to networking/marketing should be:
>=80%/20% months January through April and first two weeks of September and October
>=70%/30% outside of the months listed in the first bullet
3. Submit expenses timely and accurately.
4. Assist with billing and/or collections timely and with professionalism.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
2. CPA Certification Preferable.
3. 4+ year’s prior experience in public accounting tax experience.
4. Significant supervisory experience (2 years plus).
5. Experience preparing individual, business, benefit fund, real estate and exempt organization tax returns.
6. Strong accounting and analytical skills.
7. Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word.
8. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
9. Detail oriented & ability to multi-task.