Schulman Lobel is a unique full-service accounting firm. We provide a broad accounting expertise to every client relationship, serving dynamic businesses in diverse industries. Our dedicated professionals draw on their vast experience providing clients with personalized guidance that helps them navigate the path to economic success. We are looking for an Audit& Accounting Supervisor who can demonstrate extensive working knowledge of accounting, finance and audit experience. Candidate must have excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills. Candidate would work primarily in our New Jersey office, but with the flexibility of also working in our New York office on an as needed basis.
Schulman Lobel is a well-established firm that values its team members and offers a competitive salary. We have offices in New York, New Jersey, and California, and are still growing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct planning and field work on financial statement attest and accounting engagements and monitor progress of engagements in relation to budgets and due dates.
- Assist the engagement team with preparing client acceptance, engagement discussion and risk assessment planning forms and oversee planning meetings.
- Assist the engagement team with preparing workpapers and financial statements (where applicable).
- Supervise, train and mentor interns, staff accountants and senior accountants in connection with developing their attest and accounting knowledge.
- Review engagements prior to submitting to manager and/or partner for further review.
- Assist manager and/or partner with addressing quality control review points and suggested changes to financial statements.
- Research and analyze accounting and audit related issues identified during conversations with clients.
- Work with clients to address their questions on the financial statements prepared by the engagement team.
- Present results of audit to management, audit committee and/or board of directors (where applicable).
- Serve as liaison between partners, managers, clients, and staff.
- Communicate with clients regularly during the year.
- Participate in networking and/or other marketing activities.
- Develop and lead in house continuing education and training programs.
- Assist with and/or handle client billings and collections.
- Travel to clients and between New York and New Jersey offices may be required.
- BS in Accounting or BBA in Accounting
- 3-5 years experience (minimum)
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Excel, Word & Outlook
- Programs Knowledge: Checkpoint, PPC, QuickBooks, CCH Axcess
Princeton, New Jersey
Ready to apply?
To apply for this position, please use the button below and continue onto our partner site.