SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Princeton, New Jersey
Schulman Lobel is a unique full-service Accounting/Business Management firm. We provide a broad accounting expertise to every client relationship, serving dynamic businesses in diverse industries. We have a niche in high net worth clients, of which the majority are in the entertainment field. We are a well-established firm of 65-70 employees with offices in New York, New Jersey, and California. We value our team members and provide competitive salaries and benefit opportunities.
We are offering an extrordinary opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as a Sr. Tax Accountant for our New Jersey or New York office. Candidate must demonstrate extensive working knowledge of accounting and tax preparation of all tax returns; Individual, Partnership, Corporate, Multistate, and Trusts and Estates.
Essential Duties and Rssponsibilities:
- Prepare various types of tax returns 1040, 1120’s 1065. 990’s etc. and perform financial statement write-ups (where necessary)
- Assist manager and partner with performing tax planning and preparing tax projections and tax estimates.
- Develop a working knowledge of a client’s business or an organization’s mission and operations (in the case of a not-for-profit entity).
- Research and analyze tax related issues.
- Assist manager with clearing partner’s review points on tax returns and other tax filings.
- Assist manager or partner with making client requested changes to tax returns and other tax filings.
- Assist partner or principal with compiling client documents for IRS or state and local tax audits, sales tax audits or payroll tax audits.
- Proactively interact with client’s key management personnel to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for tax planning purposes.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance or a Business-related field of study.
- CPA license or working toward completion of CPA.
- 2-4 years minimum tax experience in a CPA firm.
- Proficient in preparing tax returns for Individuals, Partnerships, Corporate, Multistate, and Trusts and Estates.
- Proficient with use of CCH Axcess and other tax-related software.
Princeton, New Jersey
Ready to apply?
To apply for this position, please email your resume.
READY TO APPLY?
To apply for this position, please email HR your resume.